Sunday, April 5, 2009

Question Five

One of the great features of blogging is that it can be in many formats. Many blogs are written texts like ours but many others are in audio (podcast) or video (vlog) format. Some blogs use all three formats.

Podcasting is similar to free radio on the internet but it's free and it's produced by people like you and me. If you've seen the KNUE Podcast, you'll know that podcast or audio blog might have a player like this. Click the play button to hear a message from Nicole









Take a look at a couple of these podcast sites to see how podcasts can be used for entertainment or education.

DonGenova (A podcast about food)
Classic Poetry Aloud (A podcast of classic poetry)
The Technology Teacher (A podcast about teaching with technology)
Yoga (A podcast about yoga)
Seoul Podcast (A podcast about Seoul, Korea)
Food Wishes (Vlog of cooking)
ESLpod (An ESL Podcast)
Mrs Gamache's Kinderplayer Podcast (A podcast with kindergarten
students)
Jenny's school blog (A high school student's educational podcast)
LIS 460 School Podcast (A teacher produced podcast for her class)
WaySmarter (A podcast about culture and history for students)


My question this week is: How could you use blogs or podcasts for your students?


.

6 comments:

Yes!sica said...

Nicole~!!
^-----^
Actually, I usually used blogger as a good tool for education.
I made a kind of cafe for my students and they used to upload some homeworks.
Also, I leave a message for my students.
Podcast looks difficult for me as a teaching material if I record my voice.
But, through other materials it might be very useful, such as radio programs, advertisements, etc.

geegeejaney said...

Hi, Nicole
All thd podcast are very good and they're dealing with different issues. And I think some are very helpful and some are a little difficult to use in my middle school classes. I like Food Wishes and ESLpod and Kinderplayer pod: we can see the video clip and cooking through Club Activity in my school. And I think I can use blogger to upload materials that I didn't teach in class because of shortage of time.

Kind Vivien ^_^ said...

Hi~ Nicole~

It's good to hear your beau~~~tiful voice here. Thank you for the your answers on my blog, too.

You're asking quite a intellectual question. As a podcast listener, I just want to say that l'm enjoying the program. I like the special guest section most. In the latest show, I could hear Lieutenant Horasio's wonderful voice. It was fantastic!

From my experience, we, English teachers can use various kinds of blogs to make our students interested in Egnlsih. The important thing is we should make lots of efforts choosing good materials and managing the blog.

Take care~~~

shy Anna said...

Nicole~ smiling nicole^^
I didn' t use blogger or cafe on internet . but your homework that is to leave classmate's comment helps me to use blogger after this training~
And...during staying here, i can learn many that is how to use internet by using teaching tools~
have a nice weekend!!

James said...

Thanks for you, I have my blog. And I'll use blog like you to my students. Thank you again.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your share! chrome 49+ the final earth game hacked download vtv go anicrush under the sea